Zeta Chi Chapter
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Beta Alpha Psi was founded in 1919. The letters Beta, Alpha, and Psi denote scholarship, responsibility, and practicality, respectively. By 2001 there were over 230 chapters on college and university campuses with over 200,000 members initiated since the fraternity’s formation.
Beta Alpha Psi is a national scholastic and professional accounting fraternity. The primary objective of the fraternity is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the field of accounting. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, providing opportunities for self-development and association among members and practicing accountants, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
The emblem of the fraternity denotes the promise of the accounting profession. The rising sun signifies the profession as one rising ever higher among economic activities. The crossed keys symbolize knowledge of accounting as a means of opening doors to the financial world.
The Zeta Chi Chapter was chartered at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in 1984. This chapter is currently a mission-based chapter. This chapter has two faculty advisors for further information contact Melissa Hershberger at email@example.com
What Does Beta Alpha Psi Offer You?
Opportunities to ….
– Learn about careers in managerial and public accounting.
– Make contacts with corporate and public accounting firms.
– Provide help to other students in the tutoring lab.
– Interact with other accounting students.
Membership in Beta Alpha Psi includes those persons of good moral character who have achieved scholastic and/or professional excellence in the field of accounting, who have been initiated according to the ritual, and who remain in good standing.
Eligibility for Membership
B.S. Accounting students should refer to the Beta Alpha Psi National website for the precise requirements. In general, to be eligible for initiation, a student must:
- have completed or be currently enrolled in ACC 318,
- have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher, and
- have an accounting GPA of 3.0 or higher.
M.S. Accounting students are automatically eligible.
For the first semester in Beta Alpha Psi, you are a Pledge. After successfully completing the Pledge Requirements, then you are an Initiate for your second semester of membership and must complete the Initiate Requirements. A student is then considered a Member during the third semester of membership and must complete the Member Requirements to remain in good standing.
- All pledges must participate in the tutoring lab. They are required to tutor one hour every week during their pledge semester. Each pledge chooses the time frame that fits their schedule best.
- Pledges must attend at least 60% of the weekly meetings during the semester.
- Any last semester students are not eligible to pledge.
- Members must attend at least 60% of the weekly meetings during the semester.
Members are eligible to run for Officer’s positions.