The Bryan School of Busines & Economics
- Departments & Programs
- Student Services
- Student Accomplishments
- Student Organizations
- Current Student Resources
- Prospective Students
- Admission to UNCG
- About the Bryan School
- Masters Programs
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Programs
- Bryan Career Services
- Information about Greensboro
- The Graduate School at UNCG
- Bryan Online
- Information Sessions
- GMAT Prep Course
- About the Bryan School
- Faculty & Staff
- Community & Friends
Consumer, Apparel, & Retail Studies
- CARS Home
- About Us
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Careers & Internships
Department of Consumer, Apparel, and Retail Studies
210 Stone Building
PO Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402
Email: CARS @uncg.edu
For more information or to schedule a tour please complete this form.
Transform your passion for fashion into a successful, lifelong career.
If you have an interest in fashion, the Department of Consumer, Apparel, and Retail Studies (CARS) offers the best preparation for becoming what we see in you: a work-ready professional with all of the experience, knowledge and networking you need to build a successful career. The CARS program will help you become an exceptional problem solver for the apparel industry, confident and ready to make meaningful connections where you work, live and lead.
Why do students choose our program over any other?
- Close connections with industry leaders keep our curriculum innovative and relevant.
- Our student-centered learning environment features supportive faculty who will challenge and mentor you along your journey.
- Internships from North Carolina to New York and beyond allow you to work for the brands that inspire you such as Polo Ralph Lauren, Saks, Inc., Belk Stores, JC Penney, and VF Corporation (The North Face, Wrangler, Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica).
- We offer the full span of the apparel/fashion supply chain along with a focus on global fashion careers in design and retailing.
- Our students have a high rate of placement in the field — many even before graduation.
The CARS department will position you to create the next hot fashion trend, work for an apparel company in the United States or abroad, or even start a retail store that sells apparel to today’s consumer. Get to know our community, and apply today!
News and Events
Tara Konya, second year doctoral student, won the award for the … [Read More...]
In February, 13 CARS students were given a behind the scenes look at … [Read More...]
Three teams of CARS finalists competed in the Case Competition as part … [Read More...]
Undergraduate CARS student Rania Bolton competed in the annual Young … [Read More...]
Find the Program that Fits You
Because our degree program spans the entire apparel/fashion supply chain, ranging from concept all the way to consumer, you’ll gain a strong foundational knowledge of the industry while focusing on the concentration that excites you the most.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) with three available concentrations
- Apparel Design
- Retailing and Consumer Studies
- Global Apparel and Related Industries
- Master of Science (MS) with two available concentrations
- Thesis (face to face)
- Global Apparel Management non-thesis (online)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)