You can access UNCG’s online application system directly at Apply Yourself. You can begin an application at any time, save the results, and return to complete the application at your convenience.
The priority deadline for application to the graduate programs is February 15, 2014. Your application must be submitted and complete (see below) by this date to be given first priority for funding, including stipends, scholarships, and tuition waivers. Applications will still be accepted after the priority deadline, but access to funding will be limited depending on budgets.
You must specify which program you are applying to. If you have not earned a master’s degree in economics, you must apply to the MA program. If you have earned a master’s degree in economics, you may apply to either the MA or PhD program.
The Department of Economics will not be able to view your application or make a decision on your admission until your application is submitted and complete. Your application is complete when:
- Application fee. You have paid the application fee.
- Official GRE scores. Your GRE scores are received by the Graduate School. The school code for UNCG is 5913. The scores cannot be more than five years old.
- Three recommendations. We require three recommendations from either professors (preferred) or employers. ApplyYourself allows you to enter e-mail addresses for your recommenders so that they may complete an online form and/or upload a letter. We encourage letters for PhD applicants.
- Official transcripts should be mailed to:
The Graduate School
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
241 Mossman Building
1202 Spring Garden Street
Greensboro, NC 27412
- Supplemental Document A. Supplemental Document A must be uploaded in ApplyYourself. If you are interested in the PhD program, you should upload a 1 to 2 page statement written by you that describes your background in economics, explains how your background has prepared you to pursue graduate work successfully, and discusses your goals in pursuing a PhD If you are interested in the MA program only, you may simply upload a document with the statement: “I am interested in the MA Program only.”
International Students: Non-native speakers of English with international transcripts, regardless of U.S. citizenship, must validate proficiency in the English language. Please see the Graduate School’s International Application Requirements for more information.
International students who are in the United States on or intending to be on a temporary non-immigrant F-1 visa are required to certify that they have adequate financial resources to cover the cost of tuition and fees, accommodation and meals, insurance, and other living expenses. UNCG cannot issue the I-20 Form until it receives the completed financial forms and supporting bank/sponsor documents. International students should go to the International Program Center’s web page for more information.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact Jean Rosales in the UNCG Economics Department at email@example.com; phone number 336-334-5463.