The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is intended for professionals from all industries, functional areas of business, and academic backgrounds who are interested in advancing their understanding of Analytics and its application in the business environment. This online program is designed to provide you with state-of-the-art knowledge and skills in Business Analytics. Upon completion of this program you will be prepared for the challenge of developing and managing an information system within an organization.
What is Business Analytics?
Business Analytics encompasses the knowledge, skills and tools which enable information to be collected, managed, used and shared to support the delivery of all aspects of business operations.
Why a Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics from UNCG?
Business Analytics is one of the fastest growing segments of Information Technology globally. In the 2014 IT Industry Forecast, 60% of 900 IT executives surveyed stated that they intend to increase yearly salaries for business intelligence and big data handling.
Executives also listed Business Analytics as their number one concern and expect it to play a major role in daily business operations.
A partnership with SAS including resources for instruction and hands on projects with SAS software offers students the opportunity to work with leading industry software while learning key concepts. Students will also have access to SAS products and materials through Teradata University Network.
Required Courses (12 credit hours)
- ISM 671 Data Management (3 credit hours)
- ISM 675 Models and Methods in Business Analytics (3 credit hours)
- ISM 685 Business Analytics for Competitive Advantage (3 credit hours)
- ISM 688 Projects in Business Analytics (3 credit hours)
Optional Elective Courses (3 credit hours from the following or other approved courses)
***Note: These courses are all face to face courses and must be attended on campus***
- ECO 643 Econometric Methods (3 credit hours)
- CS 671 Advanced Database Systems (3 credit hours)
- CS 676 Topics in Database Systems (3 credit hours)
- LIS 643 Metadata (3 credit hours)
- Official transcript confirming a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree for the Post-Graduate Certificate) from an accredited college or university
- TOEFL scores, taken within last 2 years (for international applicants)
- Statement of purpose highlighting career and educational goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Completed Graduate School application and $60 application fee
- Fall: July 1 | Spring: November 1 | Summer: April 1 (limited)
- International Students – Fall: May 15 | Spring: September 15 | Summer: February 15 (limited)
Tuition and Fees
For information on tuition and fees, go to DCL’s website. Be sure to scroll down for information on in-state, out-of-state, and military tuition rates. Please note: online students will not be assessed an orientation fee. However, the Bryan School assess a differential tuition fee for its graduate programs. The differential tuition averages $200 per credit hour.
479 Bryan Building