As advances in information technology have made it easier to collect, store, process, and generate data at a staggering rate, concerns over the security of what is collected and the potential for security breaches and personal violations have also increased substantially. The Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance, Security, and Privacy meets the demand of organizations and government agencies for employees skilled in information security and privacy. The program provides theoretical foundation and practical understanding of information security and privacy environment of the 21st Century. It offers the latest thinking and best practices on all aspects of information security and privacy technologies, tools, methodologies, and management. Professionals with a bachelor’s in any undergraduate academic discipline may apply.
Required Courses (9 credit hours)
- ISM 671 Data Management (3 credit hours)
- ISM 673 Telecommunications and Networks (3 credit hours)
- ISM 676 Information Security and Privacy (3 credit hours)
Elective Courses (3-6 credit hours from the following or other approved courses)
- ISM 675 Business Analytics (3 credit hours)
- ISM 679 Special Topics in Information Systems (3 credit hours)