The IT minor is a 15 credit hour program (five 3-credit-hour courses) designed for students interested in gaining information technology skills but who are not necessarily interested in pursuing a major or career in information systems. It consists of three required courses in business programming, and students choose two electives from database, programming, business processes and IT, and project management courses.
The IT Minor helps you to:
- make effective use of IT in your chosen career field.
- distinguish yourself from the competition.
- explore opportunities offered by the IT field.
- adapt to rapidly changing technologies.
Required Courses (9 credit hours)
- ISM 110 Business Computing I (3 credit hours)
- ISM 116 Web Design and Development (3 credit hours)
- ISM 210 Business Computing II (3 credit hours)
Electives (6 credit hours from these or other approved electives)
- ISM 218 Database Concepts (3 credit hours)
- ISM 280 Business Processes & Information Technology (3 credit hours)
- ISM 324 Information Systems Security (3 credit hours)
- SCM 304 Project Management (3 credit hours)