Graduating Student Awards Criteria
Deadline – Tuesday, April 1
Eligible Students: Baccalaureate and Master’s Level Candidates for May 2014 or August 2014. (Not doctoral.)
Recognition Event: Bryan School Diploma and Awards Ceremony, Friday, May 9, 2014, 2:00 p.m. (following the UNCG Commencement Ceremony)
Click the following link for the citation templates to nominate a recipient (including self-nominations): Student Awards Templates May 2014. The list of eligible students is below. The deadline to email your nominations to Sam Bardarik is Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
Description of Awards
- Bryan Achievement and Leadership Awards (departments/programs will select and submit)
- Undergrads must have at least a 3.0. Grad students must have a 3.5.
- Must have impressive academic achievement. Most recipients in the past have had GPAs far above the minimums.
- Must have significant service activities, some of which are at the “leadership” level.
- Service and leadership can be in the Bryan School, the University and/or the community.
- Dean’s Service Awards (departments/programs will select and submit)
- Undergrads must have a 2.5. Grad students must have a 3.0.
- Recognizes service to the Bryan School and/or any of its departments/programs/offices. Leadership may be a part of it, but clearly at a different level than the A&L Award, or the GPA is lower as to not qualify for the academic requirements.
- Outstanding Undergraduate/Graduate Student Awards (departments/programs will select and submit)
- No GPA requirement, though the typical recipient has a high GPA.
- Recognizes students who have enriched the Bryan School’s learning environment as an ambassador through their professional and service activities, and/or their commitment to and support of other students or their impact on a community or society.
- This is the award for the student who routinely went the extra mile, but not in the traditional areas of “service” and “leadership” and academic achievement as indicated in the other awards, or who has overcome difficult circumstances and has excelled in a manner that is deserving of recognition.
List of Graduating Students
|Cherisse Bethea||Lindsey Jordan|
|James Bryan||Kartik Kadiyala|
|Robin Burchel||William Kapakos|
|Zachary Burgess-Hicks||Adam Kiell|
|Sa’Maad Bynum||Bryan Kirit|
|Carson Cashwell||Justin Kraskouskas|
|Jeremy Cauble||Ted Lehman|
|Nicholas Chen||Xinyuan Li|
|Anna Church||Yu-Ting Lin|
|Cameron Clark||Megan McGovern|
|Luke Diventi||Neal Parnell|
|Tasmin Farzana||Teerasak Phongsawad|
|Ashley Ferrell||Gerald Quiroz Olazabal|
|Peyton Ford||Ryan Saba|
|April Hamilton||Keya Shah|
|Tyler Hester||Pratiksha Shrestha|
|Ontrell Hicks||Yu-En Su|
|Taylor Hoffer||Matthew Swaim|
|Hakan Ilhan||Susan Toompas|
|Stephanie Janes||Truc Trinh|
|Earl Jenkins||Jiranij Vanakul|